[News] Microsoft-oriented Shop Turns to GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft-oriented Shop Turns to GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 06:29:33 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Mindbridge switches to Linux, saves "bunches of money"

,----[ Quote ]
| Mindbridge didn't start out as an open source company -- far from it. "We had
| a predominantly Microsoft-oriented shop," says David Christian, Mindbridge
| CTO. But the company, which at the time offered an "intranet in a box"
| application, began hosting the software for its clients. "That required us to
| get a good handle on Linux, because Linux was the only inexpensive,
| cost-efficient way of handling that in a scaled environment," Christian
| says. "And I didn't want to add Microsoft to our customers' overhead." The
| more Christian worked with Linux, the more he liked it. And, as they say, the
| rest is history.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/119020

Related:

Encodex Technologies, playing significant role in Linux C/C++ Competencies

,----[ Quote ]
| Encodex, a leading provider of enterprise solutions using
| Microsoft Technologies announced today that it has added
| significant resources to support Redhat, Suse, & Fedora Linux
| design and development efforts at Encodex's Pune, India center.
`----

http://www.mediasyndicate.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=6380&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

University finds freedom, flexibility in open source business intelligence

,----[ Quote ]
| But when all of Microsoft's "natural predators" began to die off,
| and Microsoft no longer made the university's needs a priority,
| Stephen found open source solutions a lot more attractive.
|
| [...]
|
| Gradually, Stephen's relationship with Microsoft changed, as the company
| took over more and more of the commercial operating system and business
| application space. "Lotus 1-2-3 went away [SEE BELOW], and WordPerfect
| isn't what it was," she says.
`----

http://enterprise.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/02/23/1729236&tid=101&tid=115

[Antitrust Memo: Microsoft offered money for companies to destroy Lotus 123]

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://edge-op.org/iowa/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/0000/PX00045.pdf