Re: IE6 a 'Zombie Browser', Firefox 2 Beats IE7, Firefox 3 Boasts Special Security Features

____/ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Friday 07 September 2007 15:57 : \____

> .
>>
>> Firefox 3: A look at its new security features
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Mozilla Firefox is one of the most popular Web browsers around today. But
>> | what does the Mozilla team have in store for us along security lines?
>> `----
>
> Those security features look good, especially if you're running
> Firefox on Windows.  Looks like Microsoft will have to pull some more
> manpower off of Vista and put it on IE.  But they've already lost the
> game in the browser sector.  Even if Firefox still holds minority
> share, that share is large enough that it can't be and isn't being
> ignored by developers.  Thus, Microsoft can no longer force lock-ins
> in browser space, and they will have to compete on the merits of their
> product (horrors!).  In the meantime, I guess it never was true that
> the browser was an integral and unremovable part of the OS, was it?

No, it's not. You can integrate /anything/ if you wish, but the question is,
what will be gained. A file managers can be tied to or combined with and S/FTP
client, but that's not at all the Web (as in rendering), but just a protocol
for file exchange (like network browsing).

Recall Gates' deposition tapes. It spoke volumes.

Microsoft loves competition.
"Linux is a cancer that attaches itself in an intellectual property sense to
everything it touches."
                --Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO