Re: [News] [SOT] More Naming and 'Intellectual' Idiocy

____/ Mark Kent on Friday 07 September 2007 22:44 : \____

>> Facebook was my idea, says yet another ex-Harvard student
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Another former Harvard student has come forward claiming to have invented a
>>| precursor to social networking giant Facebook. Aaron Greenspan has written
>>| an unpublished book detailing his claims.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/09/06/greenspan_claims_facebook_idea/
>>
>> So a bunch of connected profiles is now an 'idea'? What has society sunk to?
>
> The US's litigation and patent culture is achieving a new, lower,
> plateau.  Probably somebody will call it capitalism, soon.

This is utterly disgusting. I posted a link to this yesterday. Rather than
repeating similar arguments, here it is:

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://beranger.org/index.php?page=diary&2007/09/06/08/55/23-netapp-sun-legal-havoc

>> Intel sued over 'dual-core' branding
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Intel is being sued in a trademark case over the use of the term "dual
>>| core" in its product labeling.
>> `----
>>
>> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9584_22-6206470.html
>>
>> Apple may face lawsuit over iPod Touch moniker
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| High Tech Computer (HTC) celebrated its 10th anniversary on Thursday with a
>>| rare compliment from Apple: the company adopted the same name HTC uses on
>>| one of its smartphones for the iPod Touch.
>> `----
>>
>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20070906/tc_infoworld/91616

Microsoft loves competition.
"Linux is a cancer that attaches itself in an intellectual property sense to
everything it touches."
                --Steve Ballmer, Microsoft CEO