[News] [Rival] People Still Hate Vista, Go Back to XP (or Mac OS, or Linux)

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] People Still Hate Vista, Go Back to XP (or Mac OS, or Linux)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 12:13:53 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
I pity the fool (Windows XP good, Vista bad)

,----[ Quote ]
| It saddens me to think of all the ill advised people buying new computers
| running Windows Vista, when they could have chosen XP. As Mr. T was fond of
| saying back in the 1980s, I pity the fool.
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9770230-7.html

Why we are not adopting Vista - yet

,----[ Quote ]
| I forgot to mention, last week, that I met with ICT colleagues to discuss the
| software infrastructure for "Building 1000". We have concluded that we cannot
| yet adopt Windows Vista because too many of our other software suppliers have
| not tested their products, and will not warrant their use, under Vista.
`----

http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=83

And this comes from people who virtually sleep with Microsoft.

People Are Rethinking The Idea Of Installing Windows Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| Many people who rushed into the download and installation of the new Windows
| vista are having second thoughts.
`----

http://www.kules.com/?p=2839

I Warned Ye...

,----[ Quote ]
| Listen, you've only got two choices at this point.
|
| 1. Live with Vista, and keep trying to work through the issues.
| 2. Use that XP disc I made you keep handy, and put everything back to the way
| it was.
`----

http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/cio/helpdesksamurai/archives/i-warned-ye-18790

The 10 sins of Windows vista

http://icanblog2.squarespace.com/journal/2007/9/5/the-10-sins-of-windows-vista.html

So many more rants. Vista was a disaster.