Re: The Truth About the Google Phone Finally Revealed

Tim Smith <reply_in_group@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> In article <1503207.FkedofSb9T@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>  Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> They use Linux on their servers and 60% of the phones they'll ship
>> run Linux. They found the light and had a reform with Java/Linux.
>
> Then shouldn't you be complaining about them?  Java is not an ISO
> standard, and you've been pretty outspoken about how important it is to
> avoid technology that isn't a standard.

Java is a joke. I see more questions in Linux newsgroups about broken
Java apps than almost anything (X config the biggest) else. Azureus is
losing users daily. Why? Confusion as to the JRE to use, problems with
SWT libraries and a colossal foot print.