[News] Cisco Releases Linux-based NAS

Linux-based SLUG spawns highly hackable NAS

,----[ Quote ]
| Cisco's consumer products division is shipping a successor to the Linux-based
| NSLU2 (aka "SLUG") consumer NAS (network-attached storage) appliance, one of
| the most-hacked devices ever.

Cisco Unwires Linux Symposium

,----[ Quote ]
| "Cisco embraces the Linux community and appreciates the opportunity to
| work directly with them at this event."
|
| "With a major event like the Linux Symposium we have to get hundreds of
| laptops networked in a relatively small area," said Andrew Hutton,
| founder of the Linux Symposium.
`----

http://www.redorbit.com/news/technology/982333/cisco_unwires_linux_symposium/index.html?source=r_technology#551307969947958244

Open source router on par with Cisco, users say

,----[ Quote ]
| "I'd say that any PC we could put [Vyatta OFR] on today is going to be
| way faster than Cisco. I would not be doing backbone routing with this,
| but I would not hesitate to say this will compete against Cisco
| either," Newnam said. "Well, as long as we're not switching half of
| the U.S. of course."
`----

http://searchopensource.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid39_gci1218088,00.html

Cisco launches device for digital signage

,----[ Quote ]
| The device, demonstrated at Cisco?s analyst conference last month, is a
| small Linux-based gadget aimed at delivering IP-based video, digital
| signage content or other information to large LCD and plasma displays
| in retail stores, public spaces such as airports or other locations.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/011607-cisco-launches-device.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

Cisco, Virtualization, and the Inevitable Hardware Upgrades of 2007

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.linux-mag.com/content/view/2631/