[News] Novell Still Exploited, Does Microsoft's Dirty Work

  • Subject: [News] Novell Still Exploited, Does Microsoft's Dirty Work
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 02:54:00 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
How Microsoft dealt with GPLv3

,----[ Quote ]
| It appears that the standard operating procedure for Microsoft will be to
| send open sourced partners into the GPLv3 car park.
`----

http://www.builderau.com.au/blogs/betaliving/viewblogpost.htm?p=339270849

They also do this with XenSource and Citrix. They buy proxies. de Icaza is the
leader of the proxy element inside Novell.

Novell and open source's long memory

,----[ Quote ]
| If Novell's Linux business continues to grow, and it does this without the
| crutch of Microsoft, people will forgive and forget...slowly. In the
| meantime, Novell can't pretend that it's loved by the open-source community.
| The Microsoft deal did far too much damage to its credibility to expect that.
`----

http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9772683-16.html

Open source doesn’t forget

,----[ Quote ]
| My recent Novell post got some private push-back from a Novell spokesman who
| insisted that I was being harsh.
|
| [...]
|
| I suspect many marketers, public relations experts and even executives
| entering open source for the first time don’t understand this point. They
| want to be judged on what they say today, and only today.
|
| Sorry, folks. New rule. Open source doesn’t forget.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=1389

So, once again, Novell is harassing a blogger who criticises the company. This
isn't the first time. They sounds more land more like SCO and Microsoft as the
days go by.

Related:

Prisoner of Redmond:  Yet Another Way Paul Allen Isn't Like You or Me

,----[ Quote ]