Re: [News] PlayStation 3 Becomes "Monopoly-bypassing" Desktop

____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 06 September 2007 16:56 : \____

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20070905005676&newsLang=en

>>> Can it be made to dual-boot Linux and Sony's OS?  That would be
>>> cool...
>>
>> Yes, that's how it works. You just go to the Sony firmware's menu to create
>> new partitions and the installation is very intuitive. It's just a matter of
>> clicking some buttons. Once a few kids will have Linux installed, their
>> friends will see it and want it as well ("it" as in "PS3 Linux" or just PS3,
>> in case they haven't got one already).
>>
>> Mark forget to mention that PS3 also plays Blu-ray, which seems to be the
>> winning next-def format despite the alleged Microsoft briberies
>> ($150,000,000).
>>

> Must be nice to have $150 thousand million to blow in these games.

Easy money. If true (I think you were on holiday when that happened), and if
Microsoft did another Baystar-like trick, then it screws Sony. That's some
good 'slush money' to spend.

How about the half a billion dollars they spent on taking down open source Xen
(or subverting the company's agenda)?

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    No SCO code was used to generate this sig
 02:05:01 up 31 days,  4:58,  5 users,  load average: 0.69, 1.06, 1.34