Re: [News] [Rival] Another Microsoft Bully in Government Exposed

____/ Kier on Thursday 06 September 2007 18:15 : \____

> On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 17:02:39 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:

>>> ____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 06 September 2007 12:56 : \____

>>> Exactly! Finally, someone who agrees that this is a disgusting and
>>> anti-democratic practise (only made legal by those who lobby in favour of
>>> lobbying, or those paying lawmakers to write the law). It's shredding
>>> democracy to pieces. One must wonder how much of that $160,000 (for 6
>>> months) Bingham McCutchen just tossed onto some senator's bank account.
>>> Heck. He may have bought Mr. Senator a session with a dozen hookers.
>>>
>>> As Ghost says, welcome to the New World Order.
>>>

>> Oh, I've been worried about lobbying for a few years now, I'm merely
>> becoming ever more concerned that it's destroying what was a vibrant
>> democracy.
>>
>> Perhaps we need a move to PR to put a stop to this kind of thing?  If
>> our governments were more representative of the views of the populous,
>> then maybe they'd be taken more seriously by the population at large.
>> On the other hand, since most people seem to watch east enders, pop
>> idol, big brother and so on, maybe we could have Stalin running things
>> and nobody would notice.  Or a horse, maybe.  Oh yeah, the yanks have
>> Bush, and nobody seems to have noticed...
>
> If that tinfoil hat of yours was any tighter, you'd suffocate. Come back
> down to Earth for a while, man, and maybe the oxygen will revive your
> common-sense.

You're either in denial or fooled if you feel this way. This isn't anything new
(the corruption at the top), but the proportion of it (and the visibility that
the Internet gives it) cannot be ignored. All this corruption is a case of
stealing for the benefit of the wealthy. It's also a matter of restriction and
punishment, which is why Free software is so crucial to the digital age we're
entering.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Nothing to see in this sig, please move along"