Re: [News] Mono is Still Coverging with the Windows API

____/ Kier on Thursday 06 September 2007 16:46 : \____

> On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 14:42:07 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> ____/ Kier on Thursday 06 September 2007 11:20 : \____

>>> Calling him stool pgeon and judas hardly seems moderate. Why not email him
>>> and ask him to post his views?
>>
>> Yes, I saw that and didn't like it either. Not *my* words.
>>
>>> A reputable magazine like Linux Format seems to have no problem with him.
>>> Maybe that should tell you something.
>>
>> Magazines, like journalists, make no enemies. It's one of the reasons why
>> today's press is in such a miserable state. I'm not the only one saying
>> this.
>
> This is Linux Format we're talking about. The best and most widely read
> Linux magazine. Just what are you implying?

Linux Format would alienate many of its readers if it criticised certain people
who earned an "idol" status. Earlier today I read something which put it very
nicely. To extend on that point, de Icaza began with passion for Free software
when he spoke to RMS and decided to create a truly free and open desktop (KDE
didn't really have any issues). In recent years, however, with .NET and now
the proprietary codecs (on a _Free_ desktop), he has gone too far. Need we
even talk about his tight relationships with Microsoft and support for OOXML?

You will actually find that many people are frustrated with him. Maybe they are
not in COLA or maybe they are shy to be vocal about it. Many people just don't
understand what is going on (patents, Novell, Part 25, etc).

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    United States: #1 in spam export
Tasks: 148 total,   1 running, 146 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie