Re: [News] Business Moves from Microsoft to Linux, Saves Money, Gets Better Performance

  • Subject: Re: [News] Business Moves from Microsoft to Linux, Saves Money, Gets Better Performance
  • From: "Corrado Labinaz" <corradolab@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 17:24:27 +0200
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Business?
Where's the business part in yet another blog?

Saves money and get better perfomance?
Not nearly, until now I can only see:

1. a blog owner claiming his web site is much smaller after a move from NET
to Linux.
Pretty strange, I wuold really like to see how the web site was before, but
seems I don't really need it: i just checked the current home page and found
it's 309 KB all included, so actually it's 1 KB bigger then the size he's
claiming for the NET version.

2. a terminal emulator which can "show" 270 pages in 0.2 seconds, and I
wrote "show" because to get that speed it actually shows only part of the
document. Interesting.

Kind regards,
    Corrado