Re: [News] BMW is Moving to Linux

> BMW cools off Unix on race to Intel
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| "It's definitely not the death of Unix as we will still operate Linux,"
>| Schiffler said, adding both Red Hat and Novell's SUSE Linux are used at BMW.
> `----
>
> http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=1346395409&rid=-50
>
> A Linux site filled with animated anti-Linux ads. Didn't Microsoft say that it
> would end "Get the Facts" propaganda? Some said it would make things even
> worse, which it did.

As the pressure mounts on Microsoft, then I think we should expect this
problem to continue to develop.  The Xbox is something of a disaster,
the Zune is a total flop, Vista is unwanted by anyone, the desktop PC
market is collapsing, and Microsoft have failed to make any ground in
web-based applications.

They are left with trying to use government bodies and agencies, like
the BBC, National Archives, British Library, ISO, ECMA and so on to lock
the public into Microsoft-only formats.