Re: [News] Protesters Against BBC-Microsoft Corruption Take it to the Street

____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 04 September 2007 12:00 : \____

> [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:
>>
>>> Anti-DRM Protesters call on the BBC to eliminate DRM from the iPlayer
>>
>> And yet strangely the BBC didn't think this protest, which happened
>> right on their own doorstep, was newsworthy. There's no mention of this
>> on the BBC's Website whatsoever ... none.
>>
>> And it's not like the event passed by unnoticed either; apparently some
>> BBC staff leaned out of their Windows and waived cheerily, some shouting
>> support, until a suit ran outside and started shouting at the other
>> staff to close their windows and get back to work. Official comment was
>> sought from a BBC spokesman, but they refused to talk to the protesters,
>> which included representatives from the FSF and the Green Party.
>>
>> The BBC is wrong, and they know they're wrong, which is why they hide in
>> shame.
>>

> I hadn't realise that they'd already given £130 Millions of my money to
> Microsoft.  It's positively appalling.

That's a lot of bribery money for Microsoft to spend in Sweden in order to make
Microsoft Windows(R) a recognised international standard. Microsoft admitted
bribing them BTW.

BBC: we work with criminals. Likeminded folks.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | UNIX: Because a PC is a terrible thing to waste
Swap:  1510068k total,   621612k used,   888456k free,    37432k cached