[News] Free Software Foundation Europe Starts Pushing GNU/Linux into Schools

  • Subject: [News] Free Software Foundation Europe Starts Pushing GNU/Linux into Schools
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 03:36:21 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
FSFE To Launch Free Software in Education Program for Teachers

,----[ Quote ]
| Hundreds of documents on Free Software, such as OpenOffice.org, The Gimp, or
| GNU/Linux, and documents on Open Standards have been screened by a team of
| experts in regards to quality, free license and validity. The result is a
| basic collection of high-quality learning materials that have been, or will
| be atomised and entered into the SELF Platform.
`----

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/news/general/11664/fsfe-launch-free-software-education-program-teachers

Microsoft has its Gold Partners in Europe issuing 'studies' and 'press
releases' against Linux. Typical tactics.

Related:

Linux employment in German schools rises

,----[ Quote ]
| According to a study of the computer science Dienstleisters DLGI the German
| schools invest into computer science instruction, whereby Linux and
| OpenOffice.org are increasingly used.
|
| The Microsoft monopoly at the schools, which is to be at present about 99%,
| will crumble in the coming two years, found DLGI out in the study. In this
| period new PC systems want to purchase, over 40% also new Office software
| over 50% of the asked schools. Many look actively for alternatives to
| Microsoft.
`----

http://translate.google.com/translate?sourceid=mozclient&num=50&u=http%3A//www.pro-linux.de/news/2007/11520.html
http://www.pro-linux.de/news/2007/11520.html