Re: [News] Rumour: Microsoft Walks Away from Windows

> ____/ [H]omer on Tuesday 04 September 2007 14:46 : \____

>>> Rumour: Microsoft's NEW OS codenamed Omnigo
>>
>> Maybe it's WinCE2. Like ME2, only even less useful.
>>
>>> No Singularity?
>>
>> The only singularity is the black hole Vista is being sucked into.
>>
>>> This is probably just fake, but either way, Microsoft has got
>>> de Icaza building a new home for it. Novell also.
>>
>> Set a fake to build a fake.
>
> Always remember that Microsoft *loves* BSD, which is easy for it to abuse or
> misuse, just like Apple.

It means that they can take the code without breaking the law, unlike
when they steal it.  They've had to payoff quite a few companies now,
for their theft of code, haven't they?

In any case, the reason Microsoft make these announcements is because
they are afraid that they're about to lose customers to alternative
suppliers, so they make their now quite traditional vapourware
announcements.  Now, all the CIOs around the world who've tried Vista
and been unable to use it will be telling their boards that "it's okay,
Microsoft is working on a replacement, we'll just stick with XP for
another few years until it's ready".