Re: [Rival] Proof That Microsoft No Longer Builds Products for the User

____/ Tom Shelton on Monday 03 September 2007 06:45 : \____

> On Sep 2, 8:39 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Has Microsoft finally gone to far with Vista? [Yes. Greed. Vanity.]
>>
>> http://halfbytes.blogspot.com/2007/09/has-microsoft-finally-gone-to-f...
>>
>> Proper PNG Support in Internet Explorer for Windows
>>
>> http://www.petitiononline.com/msiepng/petition.html
>
> IE 7 supports png transparency....

> Has links to a bunch of sites to test if they work or not.  I tried
> the first 4 or 5.  All worked.

Yes, I know, but how many years did it take? IE7 still has some quirks. There's
a long way to go and the 'hibernation' after IE6 seems to suggest that never
really want to empower the Web and the Web browser.

Watch the Iowa exhibits where Gates expresses his great fear of Web-based
interfaces that makes the platform irrelevant... going back to 1995 even,
IIRC.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Sharks are immune to cancer
 08:05:02 up 27 days, 10:58,  7 users,  load average: 1.67, 1.53, 1.52