[News] [Rival] Proof That Microsoft No Longer Builds Products for the User

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Proof That Microsoft No Longer Builds Products for the User
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 03:39:10 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Has Microsoft finally gone to far with Vista? [Yes. Greed. Vanity.]

http://halfbytes.blogspot.com/2007/09/has-microsoft-finally-gone-to-far-with.html

Proper PNG Support in Internet Explorer for Windows

http://www.petitiononline.com/msiepng/petition.html

Look at the number of signatures.

Related:

Funny Thing - M$

,----[ Quote ]
| Last night Joe and I got in this huge discussion, and I was cursing out
| Microsoft. It’s been rough the past couple of days and M$ has not been making
| my life very easy. Every time I turn around I have to ghetto-fy my web sites
| to make them work in IE…
|
| See… There are these things called Web Standards which were put into place to
| make web designer’s lives easier. As in, if they script to web standards,
| then all standards compliant browsers will show the site exactly correct.
| Well, I always script to web standards. The PROBLEM is that Microsoft decides
| that they are just going to do things THEIR way...
|
| [...]
|
| Besides the fact that all of the Microsoft employees I have ever encountered
| must have been brainwashed. I don’t know where they dig these people up.
|
| [...]
|
| And if they AREN’T brainwashing them, then they are just hiring incompetant,
| pompous dumbasses. And if either is the case, why should anyone support their
| company?
`----

http://www.camp-site.org/blog/?p=21

Microsoft : Arrogance leads to Vulnerability

,----[ Quote ]
| Chatting with the Microsoft senior sales people, I was struck by
| their incredible arrogance. They know the company?s products are good,
| but they have no qualms whatsoever about charging top dollar as a
| result.
|
| It reminds us how Microsoft used to behave when it comes to their
| products' security records. IE5 and 6 were nothing short of being
| proper Swiss Cheese with loads of holes in them but hey, they had 95%
| of the browser market at that time and couldn't care less.
`----

http://securityblog.itproportal.com/?p=514

Microsoft Is Sheer Arrogant Claim Xbox 360 Customers

,----[ Quote ]
| "Sheer arrogance from MS and they have lost what was once a loyal customer,
| I will never purchase another MS product again!! As a consumer I expect
| and Demand to be treated better than that or simply put I will take my
| business elsewhere!"
`----

http://www.smarthouse.com.au/Gaming/Console/J2Q7C5X9

How Microsoft Refused to Speak With Me About Windows Error Reporting

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://advice.cio.com/al_sacco/how_microsoft_refused_to_speak_with_me_about_windows_error_reporting_wer