Re: [Rival] New Story Demonstrates Ballmer's Mental State

On Sep 2, 11:24 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> How To Make A Microserf Smile
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | When Ballmer floated the HR job in April, 2005, Brummel said: No way. But
> | Ballmer wasn't about to take no for an answer. Picking up a traveling golf
> | putter, the Microsoft chief started taking it apart as he barreled around
> | Brummel's office, hammering home why she was the perfect candidate. As an
> | outsider unsullied by HR dogma, he said, she'd bring a fresh approach.
> | Besides, Ballmer argued, Brummel was hugely popular and had the people skills
> | to get the job done. The two went back and forth, with Ballmer slapping
> | Brummel's whiteboard for emphasis and Brummel parrying with: "But I love
> | doing products." After more than two hours, Ballmer ended the meeting. By
> | then the putter was in pieces. "Sorry about the golf club," he said.
> `----
>
> http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/07_37/b4049065.htm

"Brummel was deeply conflicted. She had built a solid career
developing software, getting customer feedback, launching it, and then
making revisions. HR was foreign territory. Yet she loved Microsoft
and recognized the internal challenges that the company was facing. By
the next morning, she had relented. She called Ballmer and told him:
'I'm in.'"

The whole article paints it as an excellent move on Ballmer's part.
When did you start pointing out all the good things Ballmer does?