Re: [Rival] Microsoft Well Behind in Virtualisation Market, Fails to Innovate

raylopez99 wrote:

> On Sep 2, 10:56 am, Ian Hilliard <nos...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> > Swsoft plots buying spree
>
>> The Microsoft business model is built around having lots of separate
>> boxes each with a license per CPU. Virtualisation is not an advantage to
>> Microsoft, it is only an advantage to their customers.
>>
>> Given Microsoft's past treatment of their customers, my guess is that
>> Microsoft are trying to work out how to kill virtualisation before it get
>> too big to kill. This is where Citrix comes in handy.
>>
>> Ian
>
> Thanks for that insight.  Strange that customers still prefer MSFT
> over Linux, ain't it?  Strange but true.
>
> RL

Given the level of investment already in Microsoft product and products that
only operate on Microsoft's platform it is hard to see any other case.

Microsoft were able to enter the market into a vacuum. Linux is entering the
market against a powerful incumbent. Linux will naturally take longer to
become dominant. In time it will become dominant because you can't undercut
stable and Free.

Ian