[News] [Rival] Microsoft Escapes Its Criminal Past with 'Funny Money' Bail

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Escapes Its Criminal Past with 'Funny Money' Bail
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 16:16:23 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft Lawyer Fees Focus in Iowa

| Microsoft settled the Iowa case for $179.95 million in April.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070831/ia_microsoft_lawyer_fees.html?.v=1

Microsoft software coupons. No prosecution or punishment for a felon.

Judge OKs Settlement in Microsoft Case

| The lawsuit initially sought more than $330 million on behalf of Iowans who
| bought Microsoft computer software between 1994 and 2006.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070831/microsoft_settlement.html?.v=2

Related:

Doug:

,----[ Quote ]
| '"Most of those allegations had been out there .. And those e-mails were
| old. We were very anxious to continue the trial so we could tell our
| story." Rich Wallis, MS general counsel
|
| 'Wallis said Roxanne Conlin, the lead lawyer for the plaintiffs, called him
| on Sunday, and the two of them met at a local Perkins restaurant" and
| worked out most of the details.'
|
| 'Conlin .. said in a separate interview Wednesday that the plaintiffs and
| Microsoft had held "sporadic discussions for quite a long time" about a
| possible settlement'
|
| 'Neither Conlin nor Wallis would comment on whether the site was being
| taken down as part of the settlement deal'
`----

http://www.computerpartner.nl/article.php?news=int&id=4756

June 30th Deadline for Wisconsin Microsoft Settlement Claims-Consumers and
Needy Schools Stand to Gain

,----[ Quote ]
| The class-action lawsuit alleged that Microsoft violated Wisconsin's
| antitrust and unfair competition laws.
|
| [...]
|
| The vouchers are worth $23 each for Microsoft's "Office" productivity
| suite software and Microsoft's "Excel" spreadsheet software; $15 each
| for Microsoft's "Windows" and "MS-DOS" operating system software; and
| $10 each for Microsoft's "Word" word processing software
| (including "Home Essentials" and "Works Suite").
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070608/nef042.html?.v=8

MS dirty tricks archive trickles back to life

,----[ Quote ]
| The 3,000 document archive from the Comes antitrust trial, which
| disappeared from the web abruptly when Microsoft settled the case last
| week, is beginning to trickle back into view.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/02/21/microsoft_archive_not_lost/

Iowans Seek Payments From Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]