[News] [Rival] Vista Hate /Du Jour/ -- Problems Persist

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Vista Hate /Du Jour/ -- Problems Persist
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 15:53:32 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Mac OS X Leopard vs Microsoft Windows Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| I’ll get attacked by the apologists, and I’m sure I’ll be opening myself up
| to a whole new wave of attacks. I’d be equally as vocal about user interface
| inconsistencies on OS X as a I am with Windows (and believe me, there are
| still plenty of ‘em - as Gruber has attested)!
|
| To switch or not to switch… is becoming less of a question. Yesterday’s
| arguments simply DO NOT APPLY.
`----

http://chris.pirillo.com/2007/08/30/mac-os-x-leopard-vs-microsoft-windows-vista

And that's from a Windows expert, fan, and MVP. Wow.

iTunes on Vista still not up to par

,----[ Quote ]
| Now I know it’s a bad idea to even be using Vista. But I got the Vista
| Business Edition for free from a campaign Microsoft ran. I’m getting really
| fed up with the crappy Vista support in iTunes and hope my experience is
| better on my Macbook once I purchase it.
`----

http://grupenet.com/2007/08/31/itunes-on-vista-still-not-up-to-par/

Vista's Long Goodbye strikes again

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/08/29/vista_networking_degradation/

Newer is not always better, even if it's 6 years "newer".

Watch this:

How to properly open a Windows Vista package

,----[ Quote ]
| Perhaps it's because the retail plastic box is so darn complicated to open.
`----

http://www.diylife.com/2007/08/31/how-to-properly-open-a-windows-vista-package/

People 'beautify' their XP nowadays (or move to Linux or a Mac), having
rejected, abstained from, or "downgraded" from Vista. Examples:

http://www.geekywood.com/2007/09/turn-your-windows-xp-pc-into-vista.html

http://www.aioforum.com/windows_os/10894-microsoft_xp_vista_2007_a.html#15882