Re: [News] New Version of Linux From Scratch (LFS) Released, Sabayon 3.4a Reviewed

On Sun, 02 Sep 2007 00:44:25 +0200, Hadron wrote:

> "[H]omer" <spam@xxxxxxx> writes:

>>> Linux From Scratch - LFS 6.3 Release
>>
>> I strongly believe that every computer user should build a LFS at least
>> once in their lives. I think you'd find most of the issues that noobs
>> complain about would disappear overnight. I also believe that despite
>> the complexity of the task, very few of those people would ever go back
>> to Windows. Knowledge and control can be powerful motivators.
>>
>> Ex Intellegentia Vires.
>
> And this is why you are such a crap advocate.
>
> Most people don't give a monkey's uncle *what* the OS is or how it
> works. They spend 90% of their working time in about 2 main applications and
> the rest elsewhere.

Perhaps, but that doesn't invalidate his point entirely. It might well be
a useful exercise for many users to complete. Doesn't mean that they
*will* complete it, or even that they should. But if they did it, they'd
understand better what Linux is about.

> They want good quality application software and entertainment/games.

Naturally. And in Linux they can get most of those apps. Maybe not
all games, but most others that they need or want.

--
Kier