[News] [Rival] Microsoft's OOXML Corruption Well Documented and Will be Acted Upon

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's OOXML Corruption Well Documented and Will be Acted Upon
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 00:54:19 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft format fight with rivals to intensify

,----[ Quote ]
| Pieter Hintjens, president of the Foundation for a Free Information
| Infrastructure, a non-profit organisation that is campaigning against the
| Microsoft proposal, said: "We've recorded fairly systematic manipulation of
| the voting process. We've seen what amounts to vote-buying in Italy,
| Portugal, Colombia, Spain. In Sweden and Denmark, much the same happened –
| Microsoft paying their business partners to join the vote."
`----

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/provider/providerarticle.aspx?feed=FT&Date=20070830&ID=7401878

MSN seems to have chosen a gentle article with a headline that says nothing.

P Country Upgrades Continue - as do Document Committee Signups as Well

,----[ Quote ]
| Curiously enough, that subcommittee only had 23 members at the end of last
| year, and additions had been few and far between (three in in all of 2005,
| and only 2 in 2006). Now, it has 48 - in short, membership has more than
| doubled in the past year. Moreover, all but 1 of these 23 new members has
| joined since April - and 8 have joined thus far in August alone. But wait -
| there's more....
|
| And, by the way, here's another thing to note: SC 34 will also concern itself
| with both the new version of the PDF standard that Adobe is moving through
| the process. And it will also be the committee to consider Microsoft's rival
| to PDF, which Microsoft calls the XML Paper Specification, when that
| specification is inevitably submitted by - guess who - Ecma.
`----

http://www.consortiuminfo.org/standardsblog/article.php?story=20070831072521575

The ISO/IEC Voting Process on OOXML Explained (and What Happens Next)

,----[ Quote ]
| While I'm at it, I'll also explain in greater detail why the surge in
| membership in SC 34 matters, and what will happen between now and the OOXML
| Ballot Resolution Meeting (BRM) in Geneva, Switzerland in February 2008.
`----

http://www.consortiuminfo.org/standardsblog/article.php?story=20070831151800414

Who do you reckon is pulling strings again?

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puppet_state