[News] Creative X-Fi Linux Driver is Coming This Year, KDE 4 Delayed But Will Comes This Year

  • Subject: [News] Creative X-Fi Linux Driver is Coming This Year, KDE 4 Delayed But Will Comes This Year
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 00:47:47 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
[Openal-devel] Creative Labs and OpenAL

,----[ Quote ]
| According to a schedule I saw it appears that a basic public beta Linux
| driver (64bit only) may be available in Sept / Oct time-frame.
`----

http://opensource.creative.com/pipermail/openal-devel/2007-August/004945.html

Updated KDE 4.0.0 Release Schedule

,----[ Quote ]
| September 24: Beta3
| October 22: Beta4
| November 19: Total Release Freeze
| November 21: RC1
| December 5: RC2
| December 20: 4.0.0 tagged
`----

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=118856879831611&w=2

Related:

[X-Fi Drivers to Linux]

,----[ Quote ]
| Creative plans to make proprietary (closed source) drivers available
| for the X-Fi series of sound cards. SEE  Soundcard Support for
| updated details. These drivers should have full support for ALSA
| (playback, recording, mixer, MIDI, synthesis) and OpenAL 1.1 (with
| EAX effects).
`----

http://opensource.creative.com/

Creative ALchemy (Audigy Edition)

http://www.buy.soundblaster.com/_creativelabsstore/cgi-bin/pd.cgi?frompage=category&page=product_detail&fromcategory=%20Software&category=Software&pid=F2222X767VHL73GYR38

[10 dollars for a driver... only if you use Windows Vista.]

KDE4 is Very Attractive

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://linux.wordpress.com/2007/08/01/kde4-is-very-attractive/