Re: yet more BS from MOG and the Enderle shill ..

____/ Doug Mentohl on Thursday 20 September 2007 18:07 : \____

> [...]
> he decided that the SCO case had its merits - and should be heard .. He
> said he was told "to forget it" and "never talk about it again."'
>
> 'But Enderle's ..  basically told that the SCO crowd that ..  IBM
> Software "of all the divisions, is the most likely to have broken the
> rules."'
>
> 'He said he had "no direct evidence" that IBM pilfered SCO's code for
> the benefit of Linux, but left the impression that to come to that view
> wouldn't take a great leap of imagination'
>
> "I saw us falsify internal reports to make key units look better while
> putting key customers at critical risk, I saw us mistreat partners
> because they didn't behave the way we wanted them to, and I had first
> hand experience of employee abuse that, to this day, even I find hard to
> believe. None of this would have been known to executive management had
> I not reported it."
>
> 'He also remembers IBM trying to co-opt Windows with OS-2 and AIX'
>
> "IBM made some very bad choices with regard to Linux and SCO .. what we
> are looking at with SCO and IBM is only part of the result."
>
> "This is one of the reasons I believe SCO has a case,"
>
> 'The only way to find out what happened, he said, is to try the case,
> something the Linux community would like to avoid'
>
> 'the Linux community ..  a crowd of bullyboy "zombies," who - he said -
> use brown shirt-style tactics to shout down and threaten physical
> violence against anyone with an opinion that doesn't conform with theirs
> - which are invariably narrow, biased, uninformed, hardcore open source
> and rabidly anti-SCO'
>
> 'SCO, by the way, believes that Groklaw is an IBM front-operation'
>
> 'Enderle similarly dismissed Groklaw as an "anti-SCO FUD propaganda site"'
>
> 'Enderle .. doesn't care much for the physical threats that Groklaw and
> the open source community practice .. he's come to see the Linux
> community as a bunch of "thugs" and "criminals."'
>
> 'Enderle's job, family and life were threatened back when he was still
> with Giga'
>
> 'Forrester was threatened to a level they had never seen before too and
> wound up ordering Enderle never to write about Linux again, something
> Enderle said he had never seen happen before'
>
> 'In a piece on Enderle's site he's says there's doubtlessly copied code
> in Linux - it is after all a Unix rewrite - but that who the code
> belongs to is a question that belongs in court, more now than ever since
> the Linux community's idea now seems to be to kill SCO before it gets to
> court'
>
> 'He says he's "surprised the anti-racketeering laws haven't kicked in by
> now as this really does feel very similar to what happens when you go
> after any criminal organization'
>
> http://opensource.sys-con.com/read/45857.htm
>
> Is there any independent citations for the above allegations and
> misrepresentations ? Roy, care to contact MR Enderle and find out ...

I've attacked him enough, but he's writing for the same publisher as me
(Datamation), so I'd better no raise the tension any higher. Have you seen
Lyons 'public retraction'? As Matt Asay puts it, Forbes is now as reliable as
the blog Fake Steve Jobs? The Bill Beebe shill (he is with their SCO Gang(SCO)
said that Enderle would try the same cr*p. Speaking of which, the Beebe shill
has just posted some ugly c**p and he's getting worse by the day:

===
I'm no friend of Pamela Jones, owner and proprietress of Groklaw. I've
never posted on Groklaw and never will, preferring to watch at the
edges, primarily there to dig out the facts of the various SCO cases.
Most of the time I've had no issues, but from time to time over the
years I've stumbled upon the odd post and thread that, for whatever
reason, would disappear over time, expunged by She Who Must Be Obeyed.

I came across this post by raoulduke_esq on the Yahoo SCO board early
this morning and decided to grab a copy before the message, and the
entire board, go the way of all flesh September 27th. It's just another
example of Pamela Jones' (P.J. to her fawning admirers) inability to
deal with alternate points of view.

    There used to be a post pointing out IV [Investor Village] post
#44067 for AllParadox's take on the Tibitts white-collar crime, right
below the inoffensive and content-free "Enron" post here:

    http://www.groklaw.net/comment.php?mode=...

    From my snapshot of the page, there were nine child & grandchild
posts under it, including the ominous "Not Allowed" by sycophant
"rocky". When I returned to PJ's blog after reading the IV post and
thread, they were all gone.

    http://www.groklaw.net/comment.php?mode=...
    http://www.groklaw.net/comment.php?mode=...
    http://www.groklaw.net/comment.php?mode=...
    http://www.groklaw.net/comment.php?mode=...

    et cetera.

    I thought maybe she'd let go of the extreme pettiness of years past
as things settled down, but I guess it has just become ingrained.
Through (self) selective cultivation of the echo-chamber population, no
act that betrays the purity of the cult of PJ can be countenanced. The
stain must be scoured off before the flock becomes confused.

    So sad. If she can't see how that makes her more like Dan Lyons than
not, she's delusional. It's no wonder outsiders see the extreme
group-think of her blog - especially when it's enforced by rigid idea
censorship - and come away shaking their heads. I've been around for
years and I shake my head. It can't be "freedom" if ideas are filtered.

    Those are just my thoughts. If that puts me in the center of the MS
& proprietary software/patents/copyright camp, you're certainly free to
think what you may. As for me; color me disappointed.

    raoul

The awards and recognition given to Groklaw over time have created yet
another petty little monster over on Groklaw. The work of gathering and
documenting the facts of the various cases was critical, and should be
recognized and commended. Unfortunately P.J.s ego has become too
entangled with the good work, such that one can't live without the
other, and we can't have the facts without the odor of P.J.s presence.
The success of Groklaw is the success of the community, not of P.J. Her
public statements to the contrary, she'll never truly understand that.
Her actions towards others who threaten her pristine vision will always
expose the truth of what she really is; an ugly little troll beneath the
bridge leading into Groklaw. With the eminent demise of The SCO Group,
such a victory becomes ever so bitter sweet, stained by the mere
presence of P.J.
===

Then came the abuse to comments in Groklw.

Yes, Microsoft and SCO are very busy behind the scenes. It's all fabrication
and puppets against people's freedoms.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |  {Hide sig}    {Show sig}    >{Close Application}<