Re: Open Source Driver for ATI Radeon R5xx/R6xx

"Kier" <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 17:39:03 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
>
>> Kier wrote:

>>> I believe it's this sentence he's referring to:
>>>
>>> "It is in Novell's interest - selfish interest, I will admit - to
>>> advance-remove whatever those inhibitors be to the advancement of Linux
>>> and open source."
>>>
>>> <snip>
>>>

>> You are aware that there is a slight difference between Novell saying it
>> and
>> someone else saying "it is in Novell's interest - selfish interest"?
>
> Oh, certainly. Just pointing to something that Roy could have got his
> interpretation from.

Interesting how Roy's interpretation is usually extremely biased and
dishonest.

Just because the word "selfish" exists in a article doesn't mean that Novell
admits they are selfish. Read the article and take the paragraph in the
proper context. It simply says that it's in Novell's best interest to remove
any inhibitors that interfere with linux and open source. How convenient for
Roy to be dishonest and twist this into "Novell admits they are selfish" and
try to make an issue where there clearinly isn't one.