Re: Open Source Driver for ATI Radeon R5xx/R6xx

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> ____/ Peter Köhlmann on Wednesday 19 September 2007 23:45 : \____
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> ____/ Peter Köhlmann on Wednesday 19 September 2007 21:23 : \____

>>> I have used literally *thousands* of peripheral citations to support
>>> everything I write in bn.com.
>>
>> Certainly. They were all soooo convincing. Each and every of those
>> followed the "Yowl. Novell is soo uncool" mantra. And *none* provided any
>> support at all for the claims made. Just wild speculations
>>
>>> It is based on evidence
>>
>> What "evidence"? You have yet to provide *any* evidence that
>> your "boycott.novell" dumbshit has any relation to reality
>>
>>> and one just needs
>>> to follow the cross- and external references.
>>>

>> Fine. Then feel free to provide the very first of those links. You know:
>> Those which point to actual evidence. And not just complete, utter
>> bullshit
>
> Novell admits selfishness...

Feel free to point us to the exact place where they admitted that.
The article says nothing at all about that

Roy, do us all a favour: Do some basic reading comprehension course
Currently, you rate just slightly better than Hadron Quark

> Novell's "superb standard"...
>
> http://linux.slashdot.org/linux/07/09/10/2343256.shtml

/quote
de lcaza calls OOXML a "Superb Standard"
/unquote

Since when is "de lcaza" Novell, Roy?

> Only Novell can distribute Moonlight...

http://blogs.cnet.com/5530-13505_1-0-10.html?forumID=166&messageID=2490312&threadID=228078

/quote
Bruce Lowry of Novell's PR team here. You state in this piece that the only
Linux Silverlight will run on is SUSE Linux Enterprise (citing,
incidentally, a site called Boycott Novell, which one can surmise from its
name is not objective). This isn't correct. Using Moonlight, Silverlight
will run on any Linux distro supported by Mono, which is most of the major
distros.
/unquote

The fact that the contract only allows Novell to *bundle* it with the distro
is "damaging Linux" exactly how?

> Many, many more...

Roy, just spare us the expense of time, if your "examples" have
similar "qualities" like these here.

Let us call it this way: You, Mark, "7" and some others are blind, nutty
zealots when it comes to Novell and/or MS. Your "arguments" are so
completely nutty that you better not tell them to someone with half a
working brain
--
I doubt, therefore I might be.