[News] OLPC Tested in Denmark and Considered a Success

  • Subject: [News] OLPC Tested in Denmark and Considered a Success
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 05:59:58 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Danish school kid's verdict on the OLPC laptop: It's cool!

,----[ Quote ]
| "I think we could make good use of it in my class," said Karl Emil as he
| tries to grab the XO from us in order to take it to school the following day.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=541246057&rid=-50

OLPC machine may cause an education revolution

,----[ Quote ]
| If the One Laptop Project keeps its promises, the small green US$100 laptop
| could very well revolutionise teaching in developing nations. Computerworld
| Denmark asked Jan Soelberg, an expert from the school of education at the
| University of Aarhus, to try the computer.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=42601440&rid=-50

One Laptop per Child machine gets tested in Denmark

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=981934862&rid=-50

Related:

'$100 laptop' production begins

,----[ Quote ]
| Hardware suppliers have been given the green light to ramp-up production of
| all of the components needed to build millions of the low-cost machines.
| Previously, the organisation behind the scheme said that it required orders
| for 3m laptops to make production viable. The first machines should be ready
| to put into the hands of children in developing countries in October 2007.

Students aim for One Laptop Per Child

,----[ Quote ]
| One way the laptops, called the XO, can be so inexpensive is that all their
| programs are created and customized using open source, which means all codes
| are made freely available and no one company owns the copyright. That brings
| together millions of hours of work instead of having to start from scratch
| for each program, Burns said.
|
| Burns thought OLPC was an interesting idea, and he went online to find out
| more, getting on the mailing lists and making contact with project
| coordinators. When coordinators learned that he was a student at Oregon State
| University and worked at the university's Network Services, they asked if he
| could work on the word processor.
`----

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2006707040328

LeapFrog Evaluates 'Synergies' with OLPC Project

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,2177712,00.asp?kc=EWRSS03129TX1K0000616