[News] Dell's Linux Strategy is Working, with Ubuntu GNU/Linux

  • Subject: [News] Dell's Linux Strategy is Working, with Ubuntu GNU/Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 22:04:08 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Dell's Desktop Linux Strategy: So Far, So Good

,----[ Quote ]
| Dell insiders tell me customer reaction to the company's Ubuntu PCs,
| introduced in June, has been good.
`----

http://seekingalpha.com/article/47486-dell-s-desktop-linux-strategy-so-far-so-good

11 Reasons To Use Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| I went down to check out the local “Software Freedom Day” recently and was
| rewarded for my effort with a test drive of the Feisty Fawn 7.04 operating
| system from Ubuntu, an open source, “community developed [GNU/Linux]
| operating system that is perfect for laptops, desktops and servers.”
`----

http://www.ryanclontz.com/blogs/index.php?p=33&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Related:

What Dell's desktop Linux move means

,----[ Quote ]
| Some of you may be thinking, "Why is this such a big deal?" Linspire
| has been successful in getting smaller OEMs (original equipment
| manufacturers) to offer Linux on the desktop for years. Some small
| OEMs, such as All Around Geeks and System76, offer their own
| house-brand Linux desktops. Other companies, such as EmperorLinux,
| have long sold brand-name computers from Lenovo, Panasonic, Sharp,
| and even Dell after they installed Linux on them.
`----

http://desktoplinux.com/news/NS7546369370.html

Google starts running Dell Linux Desktop ads

,----[ Quote ]