Re: [News] Netherlands goes Open Source - it's definitive -

____/ ml2mst on Tuesday 18 September 2007 17:30 : \____

> Quote:
>
> All government agencies must change to open source software, the
> national government says in an action plan presented today. Amsterdam is
> already testing such software and will decide on whether to renew its
> Microsoft contract in December.
>
> http://www.nieuwsuitamsterdam.nl/English/2007/09/open_source.htm

Yes, it's looking good. I saw this yesterday and appended some relevant past
articles which suggest it's inevitable. It has gone on for quite some time.

What's curious is the fact that my Web sites get a lot of traffic from the
Netherlands. It's at number 5 or so, among all nations, which seems to
indicate that there's open source affinity there. It's not even normalised by
population size!

Roy S. Schestowitz     | D-I-S-C-O becomes D-I-E S-C-O