[News] [SOT] Germany Fights Right for Privacy on the Web, Requires Back Doors

  • Subject: [News] [SOT] Germany Fights Right for Privacy on the Web, Requires Back Doors
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 00:05:42 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Tor Anonymity Server Admin Arrested

,----[ Quote ]
| Showing up at his house at midnight on a Sunday night, police cuffed and
| arrested him in front of his wife and seized his equipment.
`----

http://www.cnet.com/surveillance-state/8301-13739_1-9779225-46.html?

Related:

German spyware plans trigger row

,----[ Quote ]
| The e-mails would contain Trojans - software that secretly installs itself on
| suspects' computers, allowing agents to search the hard drives.

FBI ducks questions about its remotely installed spyware

,----[ Quote ]
| There are plenty of unanswered questions about the FBI spyware that, as we
| reported earlier this week, can be delivered over the Internet and implanted
| in a suspect's computer remotely.
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9747666-7.html

German Security Professionals in the Mist

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.beskerming.com/commentary/2007/08/12/249/German_Security_Professionals_in_the_Mist