[News] Another Quick Look at Fedora 8 and SLAX Linux

  • Subject: [News] Another Quick Look at Fedora 8 and SLAX Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 13:14:57 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Fedora 8 Test 2 Nano Review

,----[ Quote ]
| Of course, with Ubuntu, you get the imperious lecture (free of charge!) from
| Sainted Richard Stallman about how some applications, such as Flash, are Bad
| and Should Be Avoided At All Costs. Use The Free, Luke!
`----

http://blogbeebe.blogspot.com/2007/09/fedora-8-test-2-nano-review.html

How to create a GNU/Linux live USB stick with SLAX

,----[ Quote ]
| SLAX is a great operating system. And we haven’t even scratched the surface
| of what it can do. You can create your own SLAX, build your own modules, and
| even install SLAX to a hard drive. And best of all, you now have a GNU/Linux
| system to show off to your friends.
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/blogs/live_usb_stick_with_slax

Related:

Slax: The Do-It-Yourselfer's Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| One can change Knoppix or Kubuntu, again with non-trivial effort, but why
| bother? Why not consider a Linux distro, which starts out lean-and-mean and
| can be easily changed and adapted to suit your specific needs and tastes? I'm
| referring to a Linux distro that's downright friendly to Windows, making it
| easy for Linux newbies to gradually learn about Linux without abandoning [the
| ever-comfortable] Windows. I'm talking about Slax.
`----

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,2179133,00.asp?kc=ETRSS02129TX1K0000532

Slax 5.1.8.1 KillBill Edition -- first impressions

,----[ Quote ]
| I've already burned CDs of the plain Slax and the smaller Popcorn
| edition, meant to install on 128 MB flash media. I'll try these in
| the Dell, and hopefully soon in the Thin Puppy (the Maxspeed Maxterm
| thin client I'm using to write this post). If it works, will I have
| to rename that machine Thin Slax? Yes, I will.
`----

http://www.insidesocal.com/click/2007/04/slax_5181_killbill_edition_fir.html

About MySLAX Creator

,----[ Quote ]