[News] Analysis of the Reasons for Ubuntu's Great Success

  • Subject: [News] Analysis of the Reasons for Ubuntu's Great Success
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 12:57:32 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
More food and football with Mark Shuttleworth

,----[ Quote ]
| On the last question (How did you build community where others failed?), Mark
| was very humble. He suggested the following reasons for Ubuntu's community
| support:
|
|    1. Choice of name...
|
|    2. Use of Debian (appeals to geeks), but made easy (appeals to everyone
|    else).
|
|    3. Equal opportunity on the development team, or the importance of
|    geographic spread...
|
|    4. Ubuntu opted to ship CDs...
`----

http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9779167-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad

Related:

Why Ubuntu Is Number One (Ubuntu Phenomenon)

,----[ Gist ]
| Simplicity is my friend
| Does money matter?
| ShipIt is a good marketing example
| Get the revenue later
`----

http://www.youtux.org/content/view/266/2/

United States of Ubuntu : State of the Union

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://ubuntu-tutorials.com/2007/07/14/united-states-of-ubuntu-state-of-the-union/