Re: [News] PC World (UK) Falls Deeper in Mud After Linux Snub

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> [They pretend it was a mistake, but they changed nothing...]
>
> PC World Linux laptop warranty saga gets even more bizarre
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | This is not an isolated incident by any means, reports are now popping
> | up of other people turned away by PC World for hardware repairs due to a
> | Linux installation. One even reports that PC World told him that Linux
> | was 'alien software' and so the numerous dead pixels on the screen could
> | not be repaired under warranty. Perhaps the Linux spaceship had landed
> | on the display causing the damage? Makes about as much sense as PC World
> | is at the moment?
> `----
>
> http://www.daniweb.com/blogs/entry1676.html

You just report them to trading standards. They will in no time
raid PCWorlds and any other companies like it for failing
to honour warranties. Many idiots have tried these kinds
of tricks before and have all failed.

They are obliged to refund you in full if they can't repair under
warranty. Statutory rights can't be negated through illegal uses of T&C.