Re: [News] A £200 Linux PC Makes Its Debut in the United Kingdom

____/ [H]omer on Saturday 15 September 2007 20:43 : \____

>> Root-locked Linux for the masses
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | At the heart of the Trusted Computing Project is a £200 black box, about
>> | the size of those funny little Mac boxes, running a root-locked Ubuntu
>> | distribution. The user pays an annual fee of £50 for secure support from a
>> | proper Linux geek.
>
> Interesting idea for noobs, although I'm not sure if I'd like trusting
> root to a stranger.

About 700 million people have that type of trust (stealth updates).

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "I regularly SSH to God's brain and reboot"
Tasks: 104 total,   1 running, 102 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie