[News] Adobe Releases New Reader for Linux, Pidgin and GTK Hit Milestones

  • Subject: [News] Adobe Releases New Reader for Linux, Pidgin and GTK Hit Milestones
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 22:14:54 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Adobe Reader 8.1.1 on Linux and Sparc Solaris is here!

,----[ Quote ]
| We're pleased to announce the release of Adobe Reader 8.1.1 on Linux and
| Sparc Solaris.
`----

http://blogs.adobe.com/acroread/2007/09/adobe_reader_811_on_linux_and_1.html

Linux is no longer a second-class citizen to Adobe. Here's a review:

Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.1.1 For Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| The most important fix since Adobe Reader 7.0.9 is that now Adobe Reader 8
| works with new Linux distributions, which use recent GTK 2.0 libraries.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=836&num=1

GTK+ 2.12 released

,----[ Quote ]
| GTK+ 2.12 adds significant new functionality while maintaining
| source and binary compatibility with GTK+ 2.10.
`----

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2007-September/msg00052.html

Pidgin 2.2.0 Released

,----[ Quote ]