Re: [News] PC World Thinks Linux Affects Hardware, Apparently

Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in

> PC World refuse to repair hardware fault, because of Linux
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| PC World refuse to repair hardware fault, because of LinuxToday I
>| took my laptop to pc world because a crack has developed near the
>| left hinge, this develops because the joint inside is failing and
>| spreading to the casing.
>|
>| Laptop is only 4 or 5 months old and otherwise in good condition.
>|
>| It was agreed that infact there is indeed an issue with the hinge and
>| that it will spread much further untill the display can no longer
>| stay attached to the rest of the unit.
>|
>| Then I was told because I have Linux installed, I am not covered by
>| my warranty.

Welcome to Linux!
You can add to that broadband companies that will not troubleshoot
connection problems because you use Linux.
If you try to claim a hard drive problem with an IBM thinkpad you need to
give them specific information from a program that runs under Windows and
not Linux.
How do you update the BIOS/Firmware of devices like phones, ipods,
CDROMS, DVD players, Motherboards etc.

The list of headaches that running Linux offers when the rest of the
world runs Windows is enormous.
It's like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.