Re: [News] Mozilla's Self-contradictory Messages

____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 11 September 2007 14:24 : \____

>> Will Penelope be the death of Thunderbird?
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| "It is our goal to build a single development community around Thunderbird
>>| and Eudora, so that both mailers advance faster than they previously have."
>>| Again, more nonsense from the Mozilla folk, it just does not compute.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.daniweb.com/blogs/entry1650.html
>>
>> So they disown Thunderbird because, according to them, Web-based mail is the
>> way forward, but then they take Eudora/Penelope (with lacking Linux support)
>> and make it Thunderbird-based. The neglect of Firefox for Linux was bad
>> enough.
>>

> I'm sure that there are plenty of eurora die-hards out there who would
> like to continue with it.  Equally, the growth of home-server boxes like
> the Excito Bubba, which can collect your mail and present it locally,
> are likely to result in an increasing demand for good, open, clients.
>
> I suspect that over time, the two code-bases will be merged, myself.

There are plans to ensure Linux is supported as well. as I understand it.
Thunderbird already strides forwards with its excellent Linux version.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    GPL'd Reversi: http://othellomaster.com