Re: [News] Miguel de Icaza Faces Scrutiny After Praising OOXML, Shuttlewoth Foundation Dislikes It

> C'mon, Miguel... tell us this is not true!
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Come on, Miguel! Please tell us this is not what you said. This must be a
>| forgery. Google must have f+cked up with its archive. Microsoft hackers must
>| have cracked the hosting server. Or your email account, and they posted under
>| your name. Or you didn't mean it. You had a terrible headache that Wednesday
>| night. You thought it's April Fool's Day, and it was a good joke. You just
>| wanted to test if it gets noticed.
>|
>| Whatever. Just tell us that it is not what you really think about OOXML.
> `----
>
> http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/2985
>
> It's BoycottNovell that brought it to many people's attention a couple of days
> ago. Even some Microsoft employees and OOXML backers admitted (towards the
> end) that OOXML was flawed and needed more work. But not a Novell VP....

Well, I think he did mean it, and he always has done.  He wishes and
always has wished to work for Microsoft.  As far as I can tell, he has
no particular fondness for open-source, other than as a vehicle to get
him into the Microsoft machine.