[News] [Rival] Windows-centric Companies Fail to Behave, Break the Law

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Windows-centric Companies Fail to Behave, Break the Law
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 01:13:09 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
The "Windows World" Doesn't Get FOSS...(or maybe they do)

,----[ Quote ]
| FOSS is nothing but a bunch of Birkenstock-wearing, aging hippies that are
| trying to make one last stand before retiring to a Senior Citizen Assisted
| Living Center.
|
| "Whadda'they gonna do about it...? Pout and hold a demonstration?"
|
| Maybe the people in the "Windows World" simply think they can do just about
| anything with a GPL'd application and then tell us to "shut up and go away"
| when we bring a violation to their attention.
`----

http://blog.lobby4linux.com/index.php?/archives/298-The-Windows-World-Doesnt-Get-FOSS...or-maybe-they-do.html

Watch the photo.

Related:

ShowMyPC won't show GPLed source code

,----[ Quote ]
| Compiled to run on Windows PCs, the latest version of the ShowMyPC binary is
| 3.53, but the only source code available on the download page at SourceForge
| is the 2.6 version.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=42239

Id Software and Valve violating GPLs!

,----[ Quote ]
| I just wanted to post it here because I thought people should know that iD
| and Valve are together taking advantage of other peoples work without even
| giving them credit.
`----

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=128297

German Court convicted Skype of violating the GPL

,----[ Quote ]
| German district court Munich has convicted Skype of violating the GPL. One of
| the VoIP telephones sold by Skype run Linux, but the GPL text was not handed
| out together with the phone, although the GPL requires that.
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/07/24/german-court-convicted-skype-of-violating-the-gpl/#comment-27057

Wallace's Appeal Firmly Rejected - GPL Has Nothing to Fear [pdf]

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.groklaw.net/pdf/WallaceAppealRejected.pdf