[News] Company Chooses Linux for Its Touchpanel

  • Subject: [News] Company Chooses Linux for Its Touchpanel
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 13:58:29 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Compact touchpanel SBC runs Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| The Medallion TPC-35 targets low-cost HMI (human-machine interface)
| applications, comes with Linux 2.6 pre-installed,

New Gp2x F-200, A GP2X with d-pad and Touchscreen!

,----[ Quote ]
| GPH announced the preview of our new GP2X model, the GP2X F-200. It similar
| to F100 but with d-pad and touchscreen.
`----

http://www.gp32x.com/board/index.php?showtopic=38291

Linux MPX Multi-touch Table May Become Alternative Microsoft Surface

,----[ Quote ]
| It may not be as fancy-schmancy as Microsoft Surface or Jeff Han's demos but
| this video of a Linux-based MPX multi-touch table shows that things are
| moving full speed ahead in the land of the free penguins.
`----

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/touch-me/linux-mpx-multi+touch-table-may-become-free-diy-microsoft-surface-one-day-278613.php

Multi-touch support for MPX [in Linux]

,----[ Quote ]
| MPX already supported multiple input devices. Which blows pretty much all
| assumptions in user interfaces (input) out of the water. Now I've gone one
| step further and added support for multi-touch displays. Have a look at this
| video...
`----

http://wearables.unisa.edu.au/mpx/?q=node/86

Clutter Foo: GNOME Apps [with Videos]

,----[ Quote ]
| It's basically a Surface-type app, written by Tomas. You point it to
| a directory, and it'll crawl it, putting all the pictures and
| videos it finds onto the screen for you to manipulate
`----

http://njpatel.blogspot.com/2007/07/clutter-foo.html

Microsoft Rips off Researchers at Pompeu Fabra University of Barcelona

,----[ Quote ]
| Recently while on vacation I was flipping channels and came across a
| channel called “current TV”, what caught my eye was a  computer  booting
| to Kubuntu. This computer looked remarkably like Microsoft’s new
| Surface touch table. Funny thing is the reactable has been around
| over three years and research has been going on much longer than that.
`----

http://dthomasdigital.wordpress.com/2007/06/22/microsoft-rips-off-researchers-at-pompeu-fabra-university-of-barcelona/

Microsoft Surface idea not that new?

,----[ Quote ]
| An attached PC, running Linux and Reactrix software, calculates the
| location and movement of an object interrupting the beam and enables
| the system to allow a basic interaction with projected content.
`----

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/32389/118/

Jeff Han's Research Ripped by Microsoft Surface?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.jorispoort.com/2007/05/jeff-hans-research-ripped-by-microsoft.html