Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Surrenders to Windows XP Demand Because Vista is Unacceptable

> ____/ [H]omer on Friday 28 September 2007 11:43 : \____

>>> Microsoft Extends XP Sales to June 2008
>>
>> But I thought Vista was supposed to Fix Everything®?
>
> Not for the customer. It was designed to serve other parties and there was the
> assumption that the OEMs and Hollywood are the customers; the user is a
> product and side effect.
>
> Guess what? $customer gets choice. Even sheep don't roll in the mud, no matter
> how many pigs they see in the farm.

I don't know how many Cola folk are experienced in formal project
management structures, however, one aspect is the difference between the
"client", the entity for whom the work is to be completed, and the
"customer", the entity who will receive and operate or use the work.

Here, you might say that the customer is the end-user, but the clients
are Hollywood and OEMs.