[News] [Rival] Japan Locked Down by Window and Apple

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Japan Locked Down by Window and Apple
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 20:50:27 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Japanese Windows users unable to unlock the iPod touch

,----[ Quote ]
| Apparently, you are unable to unlock your new WiFi-device / media player if
| you're using Japanese Windows -- the player just remains in the holding
| pattern of a "connect to PC" prompt when you hook it up to your computer.
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/25/japanese-windows-users-unable-to-unlock-the-ipod-touch/

Related:

Wozniak hates Open Sauce

,----[ Quote ]
| In an interview with eWeek, Woz said that there are always people who want
| things to be free and the open-source movement starts with those sort of
| people.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/en/inquirer/news/2007/09/25/wozniak-hates-open-sauce

Apple promises to kill unlocked Iphones

http://www.theinquirer.net/en/inquirer/news/2007/09/25/apple-promises-to-kill-unlocked-iphones

Apple’s options for stopping open source iPhone use

,----[ Quot ]
| While Apple isn’t going to passively watch while others develop open-source
| programs for its devices, it isn’t clear how aggressively the company plans
| to go after hackers. Steve Jobs called the back-and-forth battle between
| Apple and hackers a “a cat-and-mouse game” where “people will try to break
| in, and it's our job to stop them breaking in,” but he didn’t give specific
| details on what the company planned to do.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/092007-apple-stop-open-source-iphone.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

iPod Classic Will Be Supported

,----[ Quote ]