Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft at Risk of Losing ENTIRE OEM Tieup/Attachment in Europe!

Anonymous Sender had de volgende lumineuze gedachte op 25-09-07 00:27:

Whoaa, this is good news. Force Microsoft to sell Windows seperately with
every PC and then allow other companies to market Linux at extremely
low-cost. I'm pretty sure their marketshare will drop 50 percentage points
in a couple of weeks, as will their share price.

I don't think so. Why did all cpm computers disappear? People wanted to be "compatible", easily exchange files with one another. We all chose "compatible" computers, IBM clones. It is the same now. Nobody wants to become "incompatible" again. And to whom do we turn when something is wrong with it? So we buy an OS someone we trust can help us with.

It will really take a lot of time for the MS marketshare to drop.

Erik Jan