Re: [News] Rumour: Cell-based Blu-ray-enabled Linux-ready PC for $400

Sir Michael Clayton <clayton@xxxxxxxx> espoused:

> "Mark Kent" <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> Rumors of $400 PS3/'Spider-Man 3' Blu-ray bundle rev up
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>>$500)
>>>really
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9775453-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20
>>>

>> I don't think most people have the slightest clue how production
>> economics actually work.
>
> You certainly don't have the slightest clue. What part of "Sony is taking a
> significant loss on each PS3 sold" is too difficult for you to understand?

Hi Gary.  Why do you keep shifting nym?  Trying to pretend that there
are a lot of you?  If you just posted under your own name all the time,
like the on-topic people, you might get taken seriously.

In any case, and just in case any actual readership were fooled, let's
make this really clear... mass production economics mean that *all*
production loses money during the earlier part of the production cycle,
and does not become positive until a later part.  The key to
economically viable production is *when* it becomes profitable.  Only
the truly naive, like yourself above, believe that it can be profitable
at any arbitrary point.