Re: [News] Signs of Rotten/Fraudulent Practices in OOXML Voting (Even After Recent Vote)

Roy Culley <mrloy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> begin  risky.vbs
> 	<vrhls4-b62.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> 	Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>
>> Having chaired an international standards committee for several
>> years, I can tell you that it was really obvious when something
>> "critical" was coming up, because a load of people would turn up who
>> didn't normally attend...
>
> But Mark, it has been that way for decades. Just look at chill. The
> difference today is that all ethics have gone out the window and
> bribery is the norm. As the recent ooxml shenanigans show only too
> clearly a wounded beast as powerful as MS will resort to anything to
> get their way.

Hi Roy - long time!

You're right, of course, it's a long time since I was directly involved
in standards development, so I'm not so up to speed on the current modus
operandum of most delegates, but as you say, the OOXML mess which
Microsoft paid for should be a source of great embarrassment for all
countries which allowed themselves to be pushed around by Microsoft and
their "partners" into supporting something which is clearly /not/
popular with the normal delegates.