Re: [News] Another "Linux is Not (Cheap) Windows" Rebuttal

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 23:14:19 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Should We Listen to Walt Mossberg?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| I will say, that despite my respect for Mossberg, a lot of his complaints are
>| the typical, vague oft-repeated observations based on an imperfect
>| understanding about what Linux is and how a Linux distribution works.
> `----
>
> http://www.linux.org/news/opinion/mossberg.html

Salesman: Hi! Welcome to Best Auto's, what can I do for you?

Joe: Hi, I want to buy a car
Salesman: Sure, check out our brand new Jetpacks!

Joe: I don't want a jetpack, I want a car.
Salesman: You want our jetpacks to act like cars?  That's preposterous!

Joe: No.  I want a car.
Salesman: You just don't udnerstand Jetpacks.  They're far superior to
cars.

Joe: Ok, so is it easy to use?  Can I find fuel for it at any local store?
Will it let me go 300+ miles on a fill?  Does it have a stereo, and
comfortable seats?
Salesman: What?! No way, you just want our jetpacks to act like cars.

Joe: Nevermind
Salesman: Stupid customer.  I just don't get why we don't sell more of
these.

The moral of the story is, if you want to sell something to someone, you
have to give them what they want.

The question comes down to whether or not you want people to use Linux, or
if you only want those that want Linux to use Linux.