Re: COLA Stats: Saturday the 22nd of September, 2007.

____/ Mark Kent on Saturday 22 September 2007 08:56 : \____

> [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:
>> ngstats.pl version 1.25
>>
>> Written by Roy Culley.
>> Contributions from Mark Kent.
>> Modifications by [H]omer, 2007.
>>
>> This report covers 1466 articles received by this system to
>> newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1]
> <snip>
>> Toplist of Newsreaders
>>
>>  Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
>>    1. KNode                                                           507
>>    2. slrn                                                            250
>>    3. Thunderbird                                                     158
>>    4. Pan                                                             155
>>    5. G2/1.0                                                          129
>>    6. Gnus                                                             79
>>    7. Microsoft Outlook Express                                        52
>>    8. Forte Agent                                                      30
>>    9. 40tude_Dialog                                                    24
>>   10. Microsoft Windows Mail                                           23
>>   11. Microsoft-Entourage                                              22
>>   12. MT-NewsWatcher                                                   19
>>   13. tin                                                               7
>>   14. Mozilla                                                           3
>>       Sylpheed                                                          3
>>   16. MacSOUP                                                           2
>>   17. COLA Stats Engine                                                 1
>>       ProNews/2                                                         1
>
> This is an interesting sign of the times.  We have about 1,100 posts
> using linux and/or free clients, and a mere 100 or so using proprietary
> clients.
>
> How the world has changed!

>From 24/09/2006:

===
Toplist of Newsreaders

 Pos  Newsreader                                                     Msgs
   1. KNode                                                           857
   2. Microsoft Outlook Express                                       538
   3. slrn                                                            528
   4. tin                                                             306
   5. G2/1.0                                                          217
   6. Gnus                                                            205
   7. Pan                                                             156
   8. Mozilla                                                         111
   9. Thunderbird                                                     109
  10. Shysterwitch version 0.99.18.41.03.21-a                          99
  11. Sylpheed                                                         80
  12. 40tude_Dialog                                                    77
  13. Forte Agent                                                      72
  14. Microsoft Windows Mail 6.0.5600.16384                            32
  15. trn                                                              26
  16. Xnews                                                            23
  17. knews                                                            18
  18. MT-NewsWatcher/3.5.1 (Intel Mac OS X)                            16
  19. Hogwasher/4.2.2                                                  11
  20. Halime (Mac OS X 10.4.7 (PPC))                                    7
      MR/2 Internet Cruiser                                             7
  22. MesNews/1.06.00.00-gb                                             5
  23. MT-NewsWatcher/3.5.2 (Intel Mac OS X)                             3
  24. MacSOUP                                                           2
      YA-NewsWatcher/3.1.8                                              2
      Unison/1.7.5                                                      2
  27. Microsoft-Entourage/11.2.1.051004                                 1
      MicroPlanet-Gravity/2.70.2067                                     1
      Opera Mail/9.01 (Win32)                                           1
      Unison/1.6.2                                                      1

===

What a dive OE has taken (along with the shills).

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    It is no longer uncommon to be uncommon
Mem:    515500k total,   444328k used,    71172k free,     2188k buffers