Re: [News] Windows Vista Fails Miserably in UK Businesses

  • Subject: Re: [News] Windows Vista Fails Miserably in UK Businesses
  • From: William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 18:58:14 +0100
  • Blinky-uip: http://improve-usenet.org
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
It was on, or about,  Fri, 21 Sep 2007 17:34:22 +0100, that as I was
halfway through a large jam doughnut, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Less Than 2 Percent of UK Companies Have Upgraded to Vista
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Asked, “What are your firm’s Windows Vista upgrade plans?”, just over
> 1% said | they have already upgraded all desktops to Windows Vista.
> `----
>
> http://www.cbronline.com/article_news.asp?guid=B2A4E0CD-4407-407D-8F33-
D206DCC35B4B

> That's disastrous and it over/underwhelms (depending on perspective)
> many people's expectations. Microsoft affinity is very high in the UK
> (compared to other countries).

The FT has published this today:-
Headline: Microsoft's problem is close to home
".......the biggest challenge facing Windows is not the threat from
European Union regulators. It is that Microsoft's operating software -
its flagship product - does not work very well."

And here's is (IMHO) why windoze (l)users always rush out to buy the
latest offering from M$:

"I have not rushed to this conclusion. I was among the early adopters of
Windows 3.1 after Microsoft launched it in 1992. Since then I have taken
my chances on Windows NT and Windows 2000 at work and Windows 95, Windows
98, Windows ME, Windows XP and, most recently, Windows Vista at home.
Each time, I have hoped against hope that Microsoft had solved Windows'
deep-seated problems."

There you have it! Poor windoze using saps (& there are probably
countless numbers of them) *hope* that M$ is actually going to come up
with an OS that works! Ok, the guy goes on to say he's bought a Mac, meh,
but it could quite easily have been a Dell linux box. However the main
point is that *he* has found out what a POS Vista is, & how many more are
going to start looking at other OSs, & moving away from M$.

The one flaw in his article is "...Linux open source software is widely
used only on corporate servers, not on desktop machines...." & you'd have
thought the guy would have done *some* research before spouting that.

The full article is here:-
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/aa31eea2-6711-11dc-a218-0000779fd2ac.html

--
Hadron - comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 16:30:46
"Of course I troll sometimes. I never denied it."