Re: [News] BECTA Still Against Microsoft OOXML

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Becta's response to the approval of Office Open XML
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | During the standard approval process Becta wrote to the British
> | Standards committee responsible for co-ordinating the UK?s response to
> | the proposed Office Open XML standard asking that it considers carefully
> | whether two different ISO standards was the best outcome that could be
> | achieved in this important area. We were clear that the interests of non
> | technical users (including most teachers and parents) would be best
> | served by a single standard which accommodated the existing Open
> | Document Format (ODF) specification, and any extensions necessary to
> | provide the required compatibility with various legacy Microsoft
> | formats.
> |
> | [...]
> |
> | The issue of the interoperability with MS Office 2007 was a key factor
> | underpinning Becta?s October 2007 complaint to the Office of Fair
> | Trading (OFT), now superseded by the European Commission?s ongoing
> | investigation.
> `----
>
> http://news.becta.org.uk/display.cfm?resID=35948&page=1657&catID=1632

AWE PLEASE!

BECTA$ are no.1 game keeper turned poacher.
Like the last time, these letters are cover for something they are up to
behind our backs.

Look at the gist of message hidden inside the letter.
We tried, but failed, so despite trying ODF,
we will use OOXML like the good little bum boys we were
to micoshaft the last time.
Please report us to the European Commission - that won't matter
because we will take the bribes and resign having sold out the
entire UK education system with a contract to micoshaft with
such steeply expensive get out clauses, that if you ever
try undoing what we did, dim wits like you are gonna pay
micoshaft double and tripple through penaly clauses.
There is sweet FA you can do about it.
Tata - it was nice knowing poor people like you - our chaufer driven
cars are waiting to take us to the bank.